Dynamics CRM developers 101
I'm not going to do tutorial or write developer's guide book, But I am going to recommend of what i think is the best way to start learning to develop on Dynamics CRM.
Here is the plan:
- Open/Install Dynamics CRM environment, It doesn't matter if it is online or on premise.
- Open the Dynamics CRM web site, look around, create, update and delete records.
- Do some customization, nothing fancy, just get the filling of the CRM.
- Download what I call the "Bible" of Dynamics CRM, The SDK.
You can get to it through the web: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa496081
Or download it to your computer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24004 It is really well written, with lots of examples and walk thoughts
- Open it and start reading, get to know the SDK and what is in it, Most of your question's answers lays there.
- Get your hands dirty, Download the developer starter kit and start going over the chapters. http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9762116
- Search the web, If you are reading this blog it means I don't need to tell you about searching the web :).
Well it is not a lot but it is a plan and it works, this is how I've learned to develop on the CRM,
Hope it helps.